Having a hearing loss today is not as uncommon as one may believe. However, it seems as if seeking treatment is less likely to occur with those who do have a hearing loss.The following statistics from the Better Hearing Institute below illustrate this gap between those with hearing loss and those who seek care. While we at Arnold Hearing Centres have been able to care for numerous individuals in the community, it is surprising to be reminded that there are so many that are not receiving the care that they should have.
- 1 in 4 workers exposed to high levels of noise will develop a hearing loss
- Only 13% of general practitioners screen for hearing loss
- 3 in every 10 people over age 60 have a hearing loss
- 1 in every 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59) has a hearing loss
- 1 in every 14 Generation X’ers (29-40) already has a hearing loss
- 1.4 million children (under 18) have hearing problems
- Only 1 out of 5 people who could benefit from a hearing aid actually wears one
- 9 out of 10 hearing aid users report improvements in their quality of life
You should always check your hearing as often as you check your vision. At Arnold Hearings Centres our hearing tests are complimentary and are recommended so you're aware of how healthy your hearing is. You can get an idea of what happens at your first visit with Arnold Hearing Centres here.